Me(me) is Not Impressed: The Kardashians
By: Riley Manion


When first hearing about this assignment I was excited because I knew that I wanted to do something with a specific meme. However, as a fan of the Kardashians, after watching their season premiere, I witnessed the perfect moment to turn into a meme. With everything going on in the world right now, I feel that this could help bring light to an intense situation.

For this assignment, I found an image of Kim and Kourtney mid fight, and I edited myself in the background, looking on, very unamused. I used the selection tool to get myself alone and then used the duplicate layer section to add it to my Kardashian background layer. I then made it a smart object and resized it to look more natural. Using the selection tool again, I copy and pasted a section of the bed to make it look like I was standing behind it and not on top of it. After I positioned myself right, I added a Grausian blur to match the slight blur from the action in the image. I also darkened myself using the brightness contrast to make it look for blended in with the lightness of the rest of the image. Finally, I used the text tool and wrote out my phrases, followed by using the text size, color, and stroke to make it look perfect.

I feel that I learned a lot from this assignment, while still having a lot of fun. I didn't realize how beneficial the selection tool was and I didn't know that it could be used to create depth and proper placements within the image. Additionally, watching all of the online lecture videos was really help as I was watching them while working on my project, guaranteeing that I did everything correct.

Overall, I really enjoyed this assignment, because I was able to make a meme out of one of my favorite shows, while still directing it towards a relevant topic in today's society!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Swatchey Schemey

COVID-19's Affect on HPU's Dining